Saturday, April 25, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!!

Well, the worst is over!!! Checked in Wednesday night and Dr. Hornbostel did surgery at 10:30 Thursday morning ~ he found an area that had herniated which he repaired and also removed my gallbladder which he said was HOT.

I had terrible swelling due to hematoma which they orginally thought might be a
hernia but luckily (I guess) it's just ugly looking and I looked like I was a
few months pregnant (see pic below)



I also had problems urinating after surgery, they had to cath me 2x just to let
it out but my Surgeon didn't want to leave it in b/c he wanted me up and
walking....I finally was able to go on my own last night and what a RELIEF b/c
the at the last cath the nurse removed 1500cc's of urine, OUCH!!!!

I have to wear a binder on my stomach for the next 2 weeks, I have a followup on
Thursday and can't drive for a week and no lifting anything for 2 weeks ~ we
sent the babies to STL so I can rest up.

Feeling very tired but happy to be on the road to recovery!

1 comment:

Lisa-Justmommies said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better ~ Get lots of rest