Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Making Progress!

Did my run again today, what a GREAT feeling it is to say that. Dropped off the kiddos and to my relief Edward was a happy camper, yay!

My goal at this moment is to continue with 2 miles each day but to decrease my time it takes to run those 2 miles.

Today I increased my speed from 3.8 MPH to 3.9 MPH. Okay, that doesn't sound like much but let me you that I felt it the whole time! The last 10 minutes were the easiest but whew!

So, I decreased my run time from 33:10 to 30:59 today which shaved 3:11 off my previous time, wow! I double covered my blister which was a lifesaver, I was sooooo worried about it hurting.

So, you may be asking yourself: How does she feel? Well, I feel GREAT! I had so much more energy yesterday and today is the same but I also don't feel as hungry ~ not that I did before but I have caught myself snacking during the day when I shouldn't be....it's not totally off limits but can lead to problems in the longrun.

I'm glad that I am now able to identify these areas whereas before it was mindless, I often had my blinders on when it came to food....that's how I got up to 275 pounds in the blink of an eye.

So yeah, I've come a long way in a short amount of time. If 6 months ago you would have told me that I was going to be running 2 miles on a treadmill I would have laughed out loud in your face.........and I think to myself.....what will I be capable of 6 months from now?!?

Amy

No comments: